The official opening of the Santos Petroleum Engineering Building by the Prime Minister in August 2002 highlighted the School's excellent facilities, which are at the core of its teaching and research.
The School offers well-equipped laboratories, modern lecture theatres and seminar rooms, and comfortable offices for staff and postgraduate students, all located in one building situated on the North Terrace campus of the University of Adelaide and a short walk from the heart of the city of Adelaide.
The School owns or has shared access to a comprehensive suite of facilities supporting research and training, including:
- the test well (well simulator)
- computing hardware and software
- the ASP library
- Geoscience facilities
- Fluids Laboratory
- Drilling Fluid Laboratory
- visometers, balances and filtration units
- EOR/IOR Operations Laboratory
- Mulit-phase high pressure, high temperature, core flooding apparatus