The University of Adelaide and the Australian School of Petroleum offer a comprehensive range of scholarships for both undergraduate and postgraduate students as well as annual prizes.
- Santos Scholarships
Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents
Santos undergraduate scholarships are awarded each year to Australian citizens or permanent residents commencing their undergraduate studies in petroleum engineering. To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must:
- have applied through SATAC for admission;
- have as their first preference the Bachelor of Engineering (Petroleum), single or combined degree by the first round change of preference cut-off date;
- have been offered and accepted a place in one of the above mentioned degrees;
- not have commenced a program at tertiary level previously (university or TAFE) and
- hold an ATAR/TER score of 85 or higher.
Applicants who meet the eligibility criteria above can complete the Australian citizens or permanent residents online application form and submit this online by 4PM on Friday 19th January 2018. Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit, diversity and interview performance.
Both half scholarships and full scholarships are available as listed below:
Half Scholarship Single Degree: $5,000/yr for 4 years Combined Degree: $4,000/yr for 5 years Full Scholarship Single Degree: $10,000/yr for 4 years Combined Degree: $8,000/yr for 5 years
- Santos also offer $5,000 Incentive Scholarships which are awarded to 2nd, 3rd and 4th year students who do not already hold a full or half scholarship and who obtained the top overall mark for their year level during the previous academic year. The scholarships are a tax-free stipend. They are paid in fortnightly instalments and are awarded early in the following year.
- APPEA Oil and Gas Industry Engineering Scholarship for Indigenous Australians
The APPEA scholarship is aimed at encouraging greater participation in the oil and gas industry by Indigenous Australians by offering financial support and paid vacation work experience during their studies. Find out more about the APPEA scholarship.
- Society of Petroleum Engineers Scholarship
The Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) (South Australian Section) offers a number of scholarships, with preference being given to South Australian undergraduate students. Find out more about SPE scholarships.
- All Available Scholarships
Follow the links below for information about these scholarships and many others funded by the University, industry and non-profit organisations, which are available to potential and currently enrolled students.
- Australian School of Petroleum Prizes
The Australian School of Petroleum and our many sponsors recognise our most talented students with prizes which are presented at an Annual Dinner. A list of sponsors and prizes presented to 2015 students is listed below:
Prize Sponsor Prize
Best overall performance by a Petroleum Engineering
1st year student
ConocoPhillips $500 Best overall performance by a Petroleum Engineering
2nd year student
Woodside Energy $500 Best overall performance by a Petroleum Engineering
3rd year student
Beach Energy $500 ExxonMobil Award of Excellence for the best 1st semester
results by a Petroleum Engineering student in their
ExxonMobil $500 BP prize for the best project by a Petroleum Engineering
Honours student or group
BP $500 Best presentation by a Petroleum Engineering Honours student or Group SPE South Aust $500 Peter Behrenbruch International Award for the best overall
performance by an international Petroleum Engineering
Bear and Brook
$500 Santos Prize for the top overall Petroleum Engineering
Santos $500 Award for the best overall performance by a
graduating Masters by coursework student
ASP Not Awarded in 2015 Peter Behrenbruch International Award for the best overall
performance by a graduating international Master of
Petroleum Engineering student
Bear and Brook
Not Awarded in 2015 The best Honours thesis by a Petroleum Geoscience student ConocoPhillips $500 AAPG Student Chapter Prize for the best overall performance by a Petroleum Geoscience Honours student AAPG Student Chapter $500 Beach Energy prize for the best coursework results by a
Petroleum Geoscience Honours student
Beach Energy $500 BP prize for the best overall performance by a Petroleum
Geoscience Masters by Coursework student
BP $500 Australian School of Petroleum postgraduate research student award ASP $500 Australian School of Petroleum 3rd year HCMUT student ASP $1,000 Australian School of Petroleum 4th year HCMUT student ASP $1,000